Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A new jaw and a new house?

I have so many big things going on right now, it's hard to feel too much stress about any one given thing. The big list is: my surgery, trying to buy a house, Shelly's upcoming wedding and then Adam's birthday weekend. Of course the wedding and Adam's birthday aren't super stressful things to think about, but they do require some planning...We put an offer in on a home that we LOVE. It's got a wonderful back yard that is pretty much the largest we can expect in the area we are planning to move to and a spacious back covered porch. Adam and I are both looking so forward to spending a lot of time outdoors with the puppy (near future, hopefully puppies plural). We will want everyone to come visit us and will probably be eating a lot more BBQ!

They countered our offer pretty quickly and the request they came back with was kind of crazy so we met them half way. Adam and I are still anxiously waiting to hear something back about our counter offer back to them, and this is where I have to really try to relax and trust that things will work out for the best. It's hard to imagine finding another home that we would like as much as this one, but the reality of it is that their are a lot of other houses if this one doesn't work out.

I had an adjustment at the ortho today, probably the last one before my surgery. I have to go back for a visit the Thurs before surgery so they can do some molds and put the surgical hooks on each bracket. Some of my brackets already have a little hook built onto them for rubber bands but most don't, so they have to make hooks on all of them before surgery so that I can use rubber bands on every tooth afterwards. I am guessing from everything I've read that they will be a pain to deal with for the days in between getting them on and then going into surgery. Oh well, at least I got the OK from Dr. G regarding my surgery date. I figured if the surgeon said I was ready then that was good enough, but I was still a little nervous about what Dr. G would say. The assistant said that Dr. G bent my top wire a certain way to where it pulled one of my front teeth down too low and so they had to push it back up again =( That tooth really didn't want to go into the wire so it was pretty painful at the appointment, but thankfully my teeth aren't really sore at all right now. Each adjustment had started hurting less and less but the one before this one, my teeth were REALLY sore so it kind of threw me off. I guess in hindsight it's because they were pulling one of my teeth down...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the house and now it's probably time to file my taxes...I know I know, I waited until the last minute, but I did this on purpose because of the home buyers tax credit...I am just submitting an extension to give us more time to secure a house and get the credit =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment