Friday, June 12, 2009

2 and 1/2 Weeks Down!

This coming Tuesday will officially be 3 weeks since the surgery and I'm so excited! I go back to the dr on Wednesday and hopefully he will let me know when he is going to take out the splint in my upper jaw...He said it can be anywhere from 4-6 weeks, and you can't move to soft foods until the splint is out. I am really hoping that I am a 4 week candidate and not a 6 week one, but I won't know that until the dr tells me! So I have still been on liquids, which is not awesome but I am dealing with it. Basically, it's really overwhelming when I look at the whole timeframe that I might still have left, but when I just take it day by day it doesn't seem so bad. All I have to do is make sure I eat enough each day, and then deal with the next day when it comes. I have been trying to stay stocked up on all of the things I've found that I like so that I have some choices when I am hungry. I have a ton of gogurt flavors, Starbucks frappucino's, chocolate Ensure, pudding, applesauce, ice cream and mashed potatoes. Between those options I have somehow managed to get in my needed calorie intake every day so that I haven't continued to lose weight. I don't know if I have been able to recovery some of the weight I lost the first week, but I will settle for now for at least not wasting away. Speaking of which, I am hungry so I will go find something to eat/drink and will update more once I've seen the dr again!

No comments:

Post a Comment